City of Arkansas City seeking new Attorney, Prosecutor
RFQs for part-time positions available online; responses due by noon Jan. 10, 2020
ARKANSAS CITY, Kan. (Dec. 13, 2019) — The City of Arkansas City is seeking legal services for the positions of City Attorney and City Prosecutor through a Request for Qualifications (RFQ). Each position’s RFQ can be found below.
These positions are separate (although one entity may apply for both positions) and part-time, appointed by the City Manager with contract approval by the City Commission.
(Arkansas City has a Commission-Manager form of government with a full-time City Manager.)
The City Attorney and City Prosecutor must be licensed, practicing attorneys in good standing in the State of Kansas.
The City Attorney and City Prosecutor may be associated with a firm; the main contact will be identified for this position and will be accountable for the scope of services described in each position’s particular RFQ.
For specific information about each position, please refer to its RFQ below:
- Dec. 13, 2019 — RFQ released on City website
- Dec. 20, 2019 — Deadline for submitting clarifying questions concerning the RFQ
- Dec. 23, 2019 — Responses to all clarifying questions submitted will be posted below
- Jan. 10, 2020 — Noon deadline for RFQ submission
- Jan. 20-24, 2020 — Interviews of finalists
- Feb. 4, 2020 — Approval of selected candidate/firm at City Commission meeting
Answers to Clarifying Questions